1040 Border Road
Los Altos, CA 94024
Start Date: October 18, 2021
Ventana is seeking elementary teachers to work in our elementary program (K-5th). Teachers work collaboratively with a classroom co-teacher and a team of specialists.
We are currently seeking a 4th-grade teacher to co-teach a 4th/5th combo. The 4th-grade teacher takes the lead on the 4th-grade math and word work curriculum and then works collaboratively with their teaching partner to plan and implement the literacy and inquiry curriculum. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with another enthusiastic and creative educator.
What makes teaching at Ventana different:
● Inquiry-based teaching with opportunities to create emergent curriculum
● Space and time to build relationships with students and teach social-emotional skills
● The Reggio-Emilia approach to education promotes the use of artistic disciplines to invite, and extend, learning at all age levels
● Focus on collaboration between teachers and across disciplines
● Administration that is committed to eliciting the perspectives of teachers
We are looking for teachers who:
● Demonstrate commitment to inquiry-based learning
● Have strong classroom management skills
● Understand the importance of social-emotional learning
● Have experience differentiating instruction to meet the needs of a variety of learners
● Are reflective practitioners
● Are flexible and creative
Successful candidates will be well-versed in the social-emotional needs of a diverse school-age population and able to collaborate and communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
Essential Job Functions:
Teachers in our elementary program are expected to maintain a democratic, creative environment in which meaningful learning and personal growth are fostered through a variety of active learning experiences.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Engaging in daily dialogue and collaboration with teaching team and specialist teachers
● Collaborating with colleagues on multi-disciplinary project work
● Engaging in whole group, small group, and one-on-one instruction
● Mixing direct instruction with inquiry-based learning
● Making learning visible to students by documenting their learning through videos, transcripts, photos, and student work
● Writing progress reports
● Supervising student unstructured time
● Hold, or are working towards, a CA Multiple subject teaching credential or Master’s degree in a related field.
● Minimum of two years experience working with elementary age
● Documented success in achieving strong social-emotional and academic results using the social constructivist approach to learning
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Knowledgeable of the Reggio Emilia philosophy
● Passionate about refining and growing their teaching practice
● Familiar with one or more of the following: Reader’s Workshop, Writer’s Workshop, Singapore Math
Commitment to ongoing professional development
● Competitive compensation commensurate with locale and experience
● Generous and comprehensive benefits package including family health and dental benefits, and pension
Please address inquiries to Amanda Stewart, Head of School and Director of Elementary Education, by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover letter
Ventana School will not field phone calls. Resumés will be received and reviewed until position(s) is/are filled. If applying via email, be sure to note the position title in the subject heading and attach .pdf documents only.
Ventana School is a Reggio-Emilia inspired school where learning becomes a joint venture between children and teachers. At all ages and grade levels, we practice inquiry-based teaching that encourages cross-curricular connections and critical thinking. Social-emotional learning is a vital part of our curriculum and approach. www.ventanaschool.org
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.