Start Date: August 16, 2021
Essential Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities
– Work hours: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Friday; additional hours for staff meetings, professional development, parent events and parent/teacher conversations. Participate in all pre- and post-planning days according to the annual calendar. Participate in all Project Infinity professional development days, St. Anne’s Educator Exchange Days, parent nights, and Fall Family Festival.
– Work with young children with enthusiasm for using both indoor and outdoor spaces of the school.
– Provide an organized environment rich with materials that provokes opportunities for children to relate and interact in spontaneous, self-directed ways. The classroom and school environment should be beautiful, organized and supportive of the highest potential of young children and their work.
– Be familiar with the Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards. Make visible, through short and long-term projections, how those standards will be integrated into daily experiences with children.
– Collaborate daily with colleagues and staff to support school community, ensure continuity, and enrichment of classroom experiences. Share and discuss work openly with all colleagues. Participate in collaborative meetings by schedule or request.
– Communicate proficiently orally and in writing with all constituencies.
– Respect and maintain confidentiality regarding children, families, and co-workers.
– Maintain a commitment to professionalism by treating each child, family, and colleague with respect at all times.
– Be familiar with information contained in the Educator and Parent Manuals, Emergency Procedures Manual, and all educator packets. Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined therein, including beginning and end of year procedures.
– Assist in providing a clean and orderly classroom and school environment daily, encouraging responsibility by giving children developmentally appropriate tasks.
– Be familiar with each child’s individual development and progress and design small group experiences, outlined in your projections, to support each child’s growth.
– Keep accurate and current records of each child’s progress and growth.
– Schedule and conduct parent conversations for each child, according to the school calendar.
– Maintain professional behavior and appearance at all times.
Strong candidates will:
– Have experience with fine and/or visual arts and materials
– Demonstrate skills in communication and organization
– Be caring, intuitive, and creative
– Possess ability to utilize various technology tools
– Have experience in early childhood education and knowledge of early childhood development
– Ideally, have knowledge of and experience with the Reggio Emilia pedagogical philosophy
Commensurate with education and experience
Send resume to:
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with our school. Located in Atlanta, St. Anne’s Day School has a long history of excellence in early childhood education, particularly inspired by the experiences of the infant-toddler centers and preschools in Reggio Emilia, Italy. St. Anne’s welcomes children from Toddlers through 6 years of age.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic community of collaborative educators, families, and children? We are currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are an equal opportunity employer. If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Saint Anne’s Day School
3098 St. Anne’s Lane
Atlanta, GA 30327
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.