1040 Border Road
Los Altos, CA 94024
Start Date: September 27, 2021
Community Engagement Director
We are looking for candidates who:
● Demonstrate exceptional project management and communication skills
● Are flexible and creative
● Excel in collaborative environments but are able to take ownership and work independently
● Value direct communication
● Are positive and open-minded
● Are committed to supporting a Reggio approach to education
Project & Event Management
● Managing a wide variety of long and short-term projects as they arise; in many cases this would include from conception through execution
● Setting vision and planning for all school events, executing accordingly
● Determining all-school event logistics (space coordination, execution, clean-up, and attendance), including occasional evening and weekend events
● Identifying local community events and partnerships where participation would raise school visibility, developing and executing plans for participation
Parent Association Liaison
● Coordinating with the Ventana Parent’s Association, which includes authority to approve proposals for all VePA scheduled events, activities, and communications
● Partnering with the Development Director for the annual school auction and legacy dinner (communications, event planning)
● Setting and managing the school communications calendar
● Overseeing all on-campus communications (e.g. displays, info boards, signage, banners)
● Developing the content for and producing the weekly school community newsletter
● Drafting whole school communications on issues relating to work portfolio
● Maintaining Ventana’s presence on a variety of websites, blogs, etc., including new opportunities
● Maintaining Ventana School website in collaboration with admissions and development teams
● Acting as a liaison for new families, shepherding them through the steps to begin school once they’ve completed the enrollment process
● Acting as “brand manager,” ensuring that communications are aligned with our brand identity. Training new staff, the school board, and other relevant parties on brand identity.
● Recruiting values-aligned individuals for open positions
● Overseeing hiring process for open positions – job postings, interview scheduling, and reference checks
● Providing coverage and staff support during summer months
● Accepting from time to time additional projects/duties as assigned by the Head of School
● B.A. or B.S in a related field
● At least 3 years experience in an equivalent position
● Experience with Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides preferred
● Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Knowledge and/or experience with the Reggio approach a plus
The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $74,000 (commensurate with experience). We offer a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings. This is a 12-month position.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
Ventana School, a Reggio-inspired Preschool (2 yrs-5 yrs) and Elementary School (K-5) located on a beautiful campus in Silicon Valley, is hiring a Special Projects Manager. Our programs reflect our belief that children learn naturally through play, observation, and investigation. We value each child as an individual and a competent learner, full of ideas and eager to learn. The employee models the Ventana Values that guide the School. Ventana School (“VS”) is an outreach project of Christ Episcopal Church of Los Altos (“CCLA”), but is not a religious school.
Claire Dietrich Ranna
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.