Winnetka Public School Nursery, Winnetka, IL
Start Date: July 1, 2019
Winnetka Public School Nursery (WPSN), a Reggio-inspired, play-based preschool established in 1927 and a founding member of NAEYC, is accepting applications for an inspirational director who will continue our tradition of innovation, support our commitment to collaboration, and celebrate our spirit of community.
WPSN fosters an intentional and reflective environment that engages children, educators, and families in a dynamic process of learning together. We believe that all children are competent and full of potential, and that play and inquiry are the means by which children make sense of the world and their place in it. Our co-constructed curriculum respects children’s ideas, questions, and capabilities, and nurtures their creativity, imagination, and love of learning. Our school was founded under the progressive vision of the Winnetka Public Schools and has championed children’s rights by meeting their developing needs for over 90 years.
• Provide inspirational leadership, direction, and guidance to teachers and staff
• Partner with teachers to create provocations for students and to facilitate positive communication
• Collaborate with parents, teachers, and the Board of Trustees to foster a warm, receptive school environment
• Communicate with clarity, grace, and empathy in a timely, consistent manner
• Encourage parents to participate in the school community
• Guide website design to reflect WPSN programs and philosophy and move school forward technologically
• Mentor teachers and students in valuing the love of learning
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to a Reggio-inspired, social-constructivist philosophy
• 5+ years experience in the field of early childhood
• Supervisory experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of child development and current educational research
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education required, Master’s degree preferred
• NAEYC Director-qualified
Salary and benefits are commensurate with background and experience.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, CV, a statement of educational philosophy (and/or a writing sample), and 3 letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Winnetka Public School Nursery is a Reggio-inspired preschool serving children from 16 months through junior kindergarten. WPSN was founded in 1926 under Carleton Washburne’s progressive vision of the Winnetka Public School system by Rose Alschuler, who also founded the first nursery school in Chicago.
We offer JK, 3s, 3s/Older 2s, and a younger 2s class, in addition to a toddler class that children attend with their caregivers. We have programs in the mornings and afternoons, and lunchtime enrichments for students at least 3 years old who want to extend their day.
Christine Adams, Incoming Board President
Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.