Bender JCC of Greater Washington
6125 Montrose Rd
Rockville, MD 20852
Start Date: June 1, 2019
The Bender Early Childhood Center (BECC) is a preschool community currently serving families with children from 18 months through 5-years old. The Director will build upon our high level of quality and success in early childhood education, and will utilize his/her experience to further our mission and educational vision. The Director oversees the Bender JCC’s Preschool to meet the goals and objectives set forth by the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer of the Bender JCC. The preschool is a Reggio-inspired school and a Sheva lab school. The Director is under the supervision of the Vice President for Youth and Family Programming, serves as a member of the JCC’s senior leadership team and partners with other departments to best meet the educational and community needs of families with young children.
Essential Functions of the Position:
• Develop and implement a vision for excellence in early childhood education.
• Be a thought leader and expert in early childhood education, staying abreast of literature, best practices and developments in the field, Reggio Emelia concepts, and Sheva curriculum.
• Ensure high quality staff through recruitment, supervision, development and evaluation.
• Build and maintain excellent staff and family relationships through exceptional communication of policies, procedures, and program information in a professional and consistent manner, maintaining confidentiality; being accessible and responsive.
• Maximize participation by recruiting and retaining preschool families.
• Work with teachers to ensure that programs are rooted in Jewish culture and values.
• Seek continuous improvement in programs through evaluation, solicited feedback, and review and analysis of results.
• Ensure preschool meets State of Maryland licensing regulations and that records are maintained, organized and reported to successfully meet state requirements and inspections.
• Successfully manage the finances of the BECC by developing, analyzing, and adjusting plans to meet budget.
• Serve as a member of the JCC’s professional staff, which at times, extend beyond the limits of ECC’s specialized functions.
• Partner with the development department in the JCC’s fundraising program.
• Collaborate with other departments to assist in the development of programs to meet the needs of BECC constituents and represent the BECC at JCC-wide and community events.
• Serve as the staff point person for the Early Childhood Parent Committee.
• Represent the Bender JCC at communal early childhood programs.
• Collaborate with marketing department to develop successful publicity materials and public relations approaches for all BECC programs.
• Assure the organization of parent-teacher conferences.
• Plan and provide educational parent meetings.
• Provide opportunities for family involvement in the program.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned
• Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Lifting, carrying and transporting program materials as needed.
• Lifting preschool and kindergarten age children as needed.
• Evening and weekend work required.
• Participation in meetings and events throughout the building and grounds.
• Extensive phone and computer use.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a high level education administrator.
• Meets all of the State of Maryland Early Childhood Director criteria.
• At least 3 years prior supervisory experience or a demonstrable knowledge of supervision in an ECE environment.
• Has a working knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach to learning
Benefits include health/dental, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, paid time off (PTO), holidays, flexible spending account, 403(b), free membership to our on-site fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools and employee discounts to most Center programs. We are conveniently located near two Metro Red Line stations and have free on-site parking.
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or apply at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=23390&clientkey=12491F8C122FEF5A72B143F78BC5575C
A play-based curriculum—founded on Emergent Curriculum and inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach—enables children to become active learners and engaged classroom participants, and interest-based topic studies invite students to explore the world around them. Children are encouraged to express themselves through art and music, and Jewish values, customs, and traditions are integrated throughout the curriculum.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.