Untitled No. 1 School
Santa Monica, California
Start Date: May 24, 2021
Director of a non-profit Santa Monica pre-K/TK/K center for children aged 3-6. Licensed capacity is 20 children. Setting is a house converted to a center that maintains home-like environment. (See website: untitledno1.org) Program hours are 8-5:30pm. Families are evenly spread across income levels.
– Perform all administrative duties of a program director including hiring multi-talented, experienced teachers when necessary.
– Daily teaching/interacting with children.
– Collaborate with founder in pedagogical and professional development (teaching and learning) of teachers and children. This includes, for example, preparation and study of documentation.
– Collaborate with founder and teachers in monthly Family Forums: whole parent group meets 6-7pm (during COVID on Zoom, 9-10pm).
– Liaise with Board of Directors
California Program Director Permit or Site Supervisor Permit
2 years administrative experience
5 years teaching experience
Deep knowledge and understanding of child development
Devotion to constructivism
Commitment to the Santa Monica community, with focus on serving our Pico neighborhood
Commitment to diversity in a learning environment
Preferably multi-or bilingual
Negotiable salary, commensurate with education and experience.
Comprehensive benefits package offered.
Start date to transition in with current Director is May 2021 and increase to 100% in June 2021.
1. View website: untitledno1.org
2. Submit resumé, credentials, and (3) letters of reference with a cover letter to describe how you see yourself directing this site in this context
3. Selected qualified applicants will be interviewed in person or via teleconference
Untitled No. 1 has as its mission to serve our community by offering families and children a joyous and engaging preschool experience, replete with opportunities to learn from nature and from one another. Because children learn best in diverse settings, Untitled No. 1 admits families evenly spread across income levels and provides scholarships to achieve this balance.
1/3 of the families pay full tuition. 1/3 of the families pay no tuition. 1/3 of the families pay partial tuition on a sliding scale.
We are a non-profit early education center that aims to serve our community and families through practicing to the highest educational and environmental standards. The creation of this preschool was/is inspired by the work in Reggio Emilia (and consequently, elsewhere) and are engaged in research of constructivist-minded methodologies. Front and back we have nature-based outdoor settings and we are around the corner from a new city park, and from the Expo line for weekly farmers market shopping trips. Our kitchen is one of our learning areas and all breakfasts, lunches, and afternoon snacks are prepared onsite.
Our pre-K/TK/K is for children aged 3-6. Families are encouraged to stay for 2-years before leaving for elementary school, either to Kinder or to 1st grade.
Laila Taslimi is the founder and can be reached via email at
Current Director is Mai Trinh, email@example.com
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.