Start Date: August 7, 2023
Ashley Hall School seeks a committed and professional Early Childhood Lead Teacher to work in our pre-primary, primary, or pre-kindergarten program for children aged 2-6. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the Early School and support the school’s mission and core values.
The Early Childhood Teacher, with an Associate Teacher, will create and implement a dynamic daily program for young children based on the school’s philosophy and values, using constructivist theory and inspirations from Reggio Emilia. The teacher will be responsible for planning, curriculum and instruction in literacy, mathematics, science, technology, and social studies, leading collaborations with colleagues within the Early School division and throughout the school as a whole, and preparing documentation for students and families.
Other key responsibilities include
● providing a positive learning environment for children
● building relationships with each child and their family
● adapting to diverse situations
● creating opportunities for growth of the whole child
● using positive guidance techniques
● teaching problem-solving and conflict resolution
● assessing students’ learning and documenting it through digital media, and
● planning curriculum to be age, stage, and individually appropriate.
● providing differentiated learning based in a strong pedagogical approach that supports diverse learners
● designing and delivering a culturally responsive curriculum and pedagogy that engages and honors all learners and embraces diverse perspectives
The teacher will also involve parents in the classroom in meaningful ways, encourage parent involvement and/or awareness in program planning through regular open communications, monthly parent newsletters, and parent conferences. Additionally, the teacher will set appropriate goals for professional growth, stay current with developments in their professional field, attend conferences and participate in workshops, maintain membership in professional organizations, and adapt newly acquired knowledge to classroom instruction and curriculum.
● Master’s Degree in a related field, a Bachelor’s degree is required
● Experience in independent schools
● Training, experience, or familiarity teaching in a Reggio Program
● Training, experience, or familiarity in Responsive Classroom or Conscience Discipline practices
Interested candidates can send their cover letter, resume and list of 3-5 references to Lynsey Barrows, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Lynsey Barrows, Director of Human Resources
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.