212 West Lake Street
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Elmhurst Academy is a private, independent Reggio Emilia inspired early childhood school. For over 38 years, the academy has been educating children from birth through kindergarten. Our school year begins in September and ends in May; the academy also offers a summer session throughout the months of June, July and August.
In addition to NAEYC accreditation, Elmhurst Academy is also a certified Nature Explore School, an accreditation through the Arbor Day Foundation. The academy was currently named a Partnership for 21st Century Learning Exemplar School, one of 16 schools across the country; as well as is a candidate to become a Gold Circle of Quality School through the State of Illinois.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Early Childhood Teacher in our full-day Preschool Classroom of three and four year old students, and an Early Childhood Associate Teacher for a Preschool Preparatory Classroom.
Elmhurst Academy seeks teachers who are eager to grow their practice as researchers, learners, facilitators and collaborators with children.
· Collaborating in a team teaching environment with lesson planning using the Project Approach and Early Learning Standards in a constructivist classroom
· Documentation and student portfolio assessment as well as formal assessment
· Classroom management with an emphasis on character education
Teachers receive strong administrative support from the school’s leadership team with individualized professional development plans and on-going reflective supervision.
Teachers serve on committees and engage in project work outside of classroom time
Elmhurst Academy is a Nature Explore school through the Arbor Day Foundation. Teachers must have experience with environmental studies and bringing the learning outdoors.
Teacher candidate requirements:
· A college degree in early childhood education
· Classroom teaching experience as well as a knowledge of the Reggio Emilia philosophy
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills
· A great sense of humor and a passion for teaching and learning
Salary to commensurate with experience and education level; School Year and Summer Session.
Additional Benefit Package included.
Please send resume and cover letter to Colleen Odegaard, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.