Start Date: January 10, 2018
The ECLC Assistant Director reports directly to the Director of Early Childhood and will work closely with her and the Administrative team to support JCC Early Childhood’s vision of excellence, goals and strategy ensuring the highest quality program is offered to the communities we serve. The ECLC Assistant Director will provide direct support and mentorship to teachers in the Early Childhood programs on a daily basis. She/He will have direct oversight over our Summer Camp Yeladim program. The ECLC Assistant Director ensures teachers growth and professional development, as well as guides and facilitates the Reggio inspired curriculum development of the program through a Jewish Lens. The Assistance Director will also promote cooperation, participation and harmony within the Faculty and convey a sense of collegiality and professionalism in the team environment.
The ECLC Assistant Director will participate in center-wide functions, events and initiatives and will serve as a resource to and provide appropriate support and feedback to the Teaching Faculty. The Assistant Director participates in ECLC Leadership Team meetings and Merage JCC Staff meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree a plus
• Knowledge of Reggio practices
• Knowledge of Jewish holidays and values a plus
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience teaching in early childhood education.
• Administrative experience a plus
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
This is an exempt full time position. Competitive salary and full benefit package including moving expenses.
Please send cover letters and resumes to Lisam@jccoc.org
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.