Start Date: November 2, 2018
• Serves as a member of the Early Childhood Development Center leadership team, involved in the understanding and knowledge of the field of Early Childhood, the Reggio Emilia Approach, Jewish Culture, State of PA Department of Human Services and STARS program.
• Collaborates with the Director, Assistant Director, Jewish Culture Educator, and Studio Educator to develop and implement methods which help guide teachers with their intentional planning.
• Serves as the Lead in the area of program and licensing compliance, ensuring staff and child files are kept up to date.
• Serves as the Lead for the STARS initiative, including defining and supporting the path to STAR 4.
• Assists with implementation, training and understanding of a Jewish, child-centered, play-based curriculum and inclusive program.
• Partners with the Assistant Director in coordinating and supervising curriculum implementation in all age groups.
• Collaborates with the Assistant Director in planning and developing age appropriate learning projects and appropriate educational documentation in the classroom.
• Provides supervision, direction and support for all teaching staff.
• Assists teachers with the development of strategies to improve facilitating children’s learning, and serves as a resource in all aspects of the classroom, including curriculum development and implementation, assessment and documentation, child guidance, creating a positive learning environment and communicating with families.
• Works with the Assistant Director to plan and implement innovative annual staff trainings and professional development.
• Develops and oversees Mentor/Coaching program for all new teaching staff.
• Partners with area universities and colleges for Field Placements, Internships, Summer Learn & Earn program.
• Provides coverage in classrooms when necessary and assists with agency events as needed.
• Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local regulating agencies.
• Ensures adherence to agency core values of respect, kindness, character and community within both staff culture and program development.
• Maintains a safe and healthy environment according to established standards.
• Maintains effective working relationships with parents and staff.
• Actively maintains and promotes agency customer service standards.
• Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
• Ability to model agency core values of respect, kindness, character and community.
• Ability to coach, counsel, and train direct reports.
• Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
• Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Graduate Degree preferred in Early Childhood Education or Related Field with at least 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Special Education and/or Early Childhood Supervision and Administration. Minimum of five years of Lead Teaching experience in an early childhood classroom required. Supervisory experience required. Experience and knowledge of: Program management, Teacher training, Supervision, Inclusion, Child-Centered Emergent Curriculum, Judaism, and the Reggio Emilia approach to Early Childhood Education, preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Free health club membership
Children\\\'s program discounts
STD, LTD and Life insurance
Please visit our website to download a fillable application by clicking on the following link:
This position is responsible for working with the Early Childhood Development Center Director and Assistant Director to support JCC of Greater Pittsburgh Early Childhood’s vision of excellence, goals and strategy ensuring the highest quality program is offered to the communities we serve. The Education Program Coordinator will build relationships with educators, families and children in order to ensure continuity in school-wide communication, and will be an integral part of maintaining a collaborative community of educators and learners.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.