The Family Cooperative
Start Date: August 1, 2020
The Family Cooperative is seeking a full-time Director who is interested in joining this unique opportunity to be a part of the center from its beginnings. We offer Infant, Toddler and Preschool classrooms, enrolling children between the ages of 8 weeks and 5 years old. The Director will assume all leadership responsibilities of the school by maintaining compliance with licensing, hiring and supervision of all staff, overseeing enrollment, collaboratively creating and maintaining the budget, and consistently working to establish a positive, healthy organizational culture. As the face of the institution, the Director will represent the mission and values of TFC to the larger community as well as serve as a liaison between TFC and BB&N, and other independent and public schools. This person will pioneer a strategic and innovative vision for the future of the school and have a desire to advance the school’s position as a leader and model in curriculum and practices in the early childhood field, both locally and nationally. Above all s/he will continue to foster and nurture our already close-knit community founded on the importance of strong and positive relationships.
• Bachelors Degree in education, early childhood, or related field
• Massachusetts EEC Director I or II certified (or ability to obtain one)
• Minimum of three years teaching experience in an early childhood center, preferably Reggio-inspired
• Demonstrated leadership experience and ability
• Advanced degree in education or early childhood
• Experience as a Director or in School Administration
• Background and/or commitment to anti-bias education and social justice in early childhood
• Previous experience with cooperative model or a demonstrated value towards home-school partnership
• Joy working with children, families, teachers and a Parent Board of Directors
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially written and verbal communication
• Organization, time management and communication skills
• Training in or commitment to providing professional development and coaching for teachers
• Willingness to find new solutions and share ideas and feedback in a constructive way
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
Based on experience.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, educational philosophy and list of references to: Rachel Hirsch, TFC Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit our website: thefamilycooperative.org
About The Family Cooperative:
Relationships are at the root of who we are at TFC- relationships among children, between children and adults, amongst adults, and between our school and the larger community around us. The value of relationships that we hold as a community parallel our focus of inclusion and equity as fundamental in our teaching practice. The mission of the Family Cooperative is to love and nurture a community of inspired teacher-learners. We are committed to our community of teacher-learners as one where each member is welcomed, valued, and celebrated. We were founded seven years ago to serve the children of the faculty of BB&N as well as other educators in our area, in an inclusive, enriching, and nurturing educational environment. Our pedagogy is based on the concept of emergent, child-centered curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia early childhood centers. We do so in an unconventional cooperative setting that supports primarily working families and values strong parental involvement. It is important to us to create a nurturing, safe environment that serves as an extension of the home. We strive to collaborate closely with families in our work, exploring with them ways in which we will authentically bring their family culture into our classrooms and school. Each piece of the child’s life, family, environment, school, peers, and teachers, engage in powerful conversations with each other, creating a coherent, integrated learning model throughout the life of the child.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.