Explore and Discover: A Reggio Emilia Infant and Toddler Center
Located in the Denver metro area of Colorado
Phone number: 720-855-6818
Start Date: May 28, 2019
• Work closely with all staff and director at Explore and Discover as we are a closely-knit team and individual teachers move with their group of children which means teaching teams change often.
• Maintain a cooperative attitude of woking together with other teachers, programs director, parents and volunteers in planning and implementing activities for our program/classroom.
• Maintain an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family.
• Promote feelings of security and trust in infants, toddlers and their families.
• Follow developmentally appropriate child care practices.
• Provide for the physical safety of each child from arrival time until departure time.
o Protect all children from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in the program, immediately report any such incident to the program director or person in charge, and document the incident with an accident report.
• Integrate children with special needs in all aspects of E&D’s program, if the child is comfortable with this.
• Follow the Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education, to the best of one’s understanding, in interactions with children, classroom management, and program.
• Lead teacher qualified in the state of Colorado
• Experience working with young children in a child care program
• Respect for individual children’s development
• Commitment to working as a team member with teachers and families
• Full time availability (Monday-Friday)
• A working knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach to the Education of Young Children.
• A 2-year degree in child development or early childhood education.
Explore & Discover offers a fantastic benefit package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k options, tuition reimbursement, paternity leave, FMLA, continuity of care bonus, and generous amounts of sick and vacation leave. Teachers received four holidays, five staff development days per year, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s off. Hourly pay starts at $15, but is dependent on experience and education.
Please email and resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call the school to speak with the director at 720-855-6818
We are a small, NAEYC-accredited program committed to providing high-quality child care for infants and toddlers. We operate as a cooperative where all community members—children, parents, and teachers—are actively involved in the program and equally valued for their contributions. Our program curriculum is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to the Education of Young Children. We also implement a continuity of care model where teachers stay with the same group of children and families throughout their time in the program. We are looking for a full-time teacher to join our team!
Executive Director Emmy Lichtenstein: 720-855-6818 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.