Holy Family Day Home
San Francisco, CA
Start Date: May 3, 2021
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Professional ethics of confidentiality, discretion and good judgment.
• Work closely with other teaching/ staff in the development of a comprehensive children’s program in accordance with HFDH’s ECE philosophy, policy, and procedures.
• Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs and interests of each child.
• Assist in planning and implementing agency-sponsored family celebrations and classroom parent meetings.
Leadership and Supervision:
• Maintain written records and observations of all children in the classroom, noting their development and behavior in all aspects of the program.
• Assist in the interview and orientation process of new teachers.
• Plan, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate the performance of classroom staff on an ongoing basis.
• Lead the staff in creating a warm, nurturing, and respectful atmosphere for the children to be encouraged to learn and grow.
• With the input of classroom staff, create an individualized professional development plan for each classroom staff member.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of team and agency meetings, staff in-service trainings, ECE and supervisory courses and workshops for professional growth.
• Work cooperatively with parents, staff and third party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families.
• Maintain positive communication regarding Holy Family Day Home to parents, other staff members, and the surrounding community.
• Meet regularly with administration, parents, teachers, and others regarding the developmental progress of children and interpretation of HFDH policies.
• Enforce all Licensing Regulations set forth in the Manual of Policies and Procedures, under Child Care Center, including, but not limited to, insuring that appropriate staff-child ratios are maintained at all times and insuring that children are adequately supervised at all times.
• Maintain appropriate documentation on all children in the class, and on the material needs of the classroom for supplies and maintenance.
• Report all injuries and other health concerns to the administration, and administer pediatric first-aid when necessary, and as mandated by state law, report any suspected child abuse.
• Assist Site Supervisor and administration in all matters pertaining to the effective and efficient running of the childcare facility.
• BA Degree or higher (does not have to be in ECE/CD but preferably in related field) with 24 units of ECE + 3 units supervised field experience in ECE setting. CCTC Site Supervisor Permit preferred.
• 3 Years Experience in Head/Lead Teacher Role preferred.
• Fingerprints clearance through Department of Justice for Child Abuse Index Check and Criminal Record Statement.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently.
• Knowledge and experience in working with children with special needs.
• Knowledge of low-income and homeless issues for children and families preferred.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to the cultural background of the children and families being served.
• Ability to relate to children and adults in a positive, respectful manner.
• Ability to lift and/or carry children.
• Ability to supervise/work with a staff of varying educational and experiential backgrounds with sensitive leadership, maturity, and stability.
• Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese Dialects preferred.
40 hours/week (Non-Exempt)
Salary: $26.62 per/hr.
Full health, dental, life insurance, EAP assistance, and PTO benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to Mya Eubanks, HR Generalist.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Plastic shield at workstations
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
All families must drop off children outside the building and we have onsite COVID-19 testing.
Holy Family Day Home is a 501(c) (3) organization celebrating over 100 years of providing high-quality childcare and family support services in San Francisco. Our mission is to provide affordable, high-quality, early education and care in a stable and nurturing environment, thereby offering the children of working families a sound foundation for lifelong development, continuing a tradition established by the Sisters of the Holy Family. HFDH currently serves 154 children between the ages of 3 mos. and 6yrs.
Mya Eubanks, HR Generalist
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.