Mary Crane Center
316 N Pulaski Road
Chicago, Illinois 60624
Start Date: March 25, 2019
The Home Base Visitor contributes to the agency’s child development philosophy and goals by leading a comprehensive child development program.
• Conduct weekly 90-minute home visits to young children and their families.
• Carry out “curriculum” for child development in the context of the home and during group “socialization” experiences.
• Facilitate group “socialization” experiences and other family group activities.
• Provide education and support services to families.
• Conduct screening and ongoing assessment of young children’s development.
• Collaborate with families to establish family development goals, and document this collaborative process in family partnership agreements.
• Promote parental involvement in curriculum planning, program governance, and the overall Head Start program.
• Monitor and educate parents with respect to children’s health status, including medical follow-up, physical health, dental health, mental health, and nutritional intake.
• Provide management, crisis intervention, and resource referral services.
• Act as liaison and advocate between community resources and Early Head Start families.
• Complete documentation of home visits, socialization experiences, and other relevant activities.
• Maintain confidentiality of family records and information.
• Participate fully in supervi
Minimum of a home-based CDA or comparable credential or equivalent coursework as part of an associate’s or baccalaureate degree and demonstrated competency in planning and implementing home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children’s progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Outcomes Framework
Mary Crane Center offers its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental insurance through Guardian Vision Plan through Guardian
Life Insurance through Guardian
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Employee Assistance Program
Please send Cover letter, Resume to Beth Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org. or fax to 773-242-2881.
Visit our website: www.marycrane.org
Carol Washington - 773-242-2860
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.