1545 W Morse, Chicago, Illinois
1120 N Lamon St, Chicago, Illinois
316 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, Illinois
2905 N Leavitt, Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: March 25, 2019
Teacher Assistants for Early Childhood and Head Start programs assist Lead Teachers in planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of children within a safe, healthy learning environment. They encourage the involvement of the families of the children of the program and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
• Utilize appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
• Model positive behavior.
• Assist in instructing and supervising children in classroom activities.
• Implement age appropriate activities that support the Head Start standards, the NAEYC standards and the Creative Curriculum.
• Implement and model family style eating during meal times.
• Continuously monitor children to ensure safety at all times, and report child abuse and neglect when necessary.
• Assess children on a regular basis.
• Take pictures and maintain anecdotal notes, written observations, and other approved forms of documentation for each child.
• Administer ESI-R screening, My Teaching Strategies Creative Curriculum, Ages and Stages Questionnaire, Ages and Stages SE Questionnaire.
• Utilize research library, research, plan, and develop age appropriate activities for lesson plans in conjunction with the Lead Teacher.
• Assist the Lead Teacher in incorporating required activities into lesson plans that support children’s development.
• Help Lead Teacher prepare activities that support lesson plans.
Minimum 60 college credit hours, out of which 15 must be in early childhood.
Mary Crane Center offers its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental insurance through Guardian Vision Plan through Guardian
Life Insurance through Guardian
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Employee Assistance Program
Please send cover letter and resume to Beth Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org. or fax to 773-242-2881
Beth Rivera 773-242-2860
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.