Brooklyn, NY, USA
Start Date: January 9, 2023
Brooklyn Schoolhouse seeks an Interim Director to lead the school for a five-month period while the Director takes a leave of absence. At Brooklyn Schoolhouse, the Director is responsible for overseeing all operations of the school, collaborating with families, and supporting teaching staff. The Interim Director is a full-time, temporary position, reporting to the Founder. The Interim Director position will begin on January 9th, 2023, and end on approximately June 1st, 2023. There is an expected two-week period for training with the current Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Oversee all Operations of the School
– Manage and Execute the Administrative Calendar
– Manage and Conduct aspects of Admissions and Enrollment as needed
– Teacher Support
– Manage additional support for children, privately and through the DOE
– Interface with the Department of Health to meet permitting and other requirements.
– Work with the Founder to develop school practices and to grow and manifest the vision.
– Manage the school’s operating budget.
– Responsibility for all licensing, documentation, and filing requirements for the school, students, and teachers; keeping student and staff files up to date.
– Responsibility for Human Resources for staff. Including managing PTO, sick days, and the scheduling of substitute teachers.
– Collaborate with teaching staff to design and prepare for the Summer Program.
*More detailed Job Description available
– The ideal candidate will have administrative experience in a progressive educational setting.
– Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, and the ability to communicate and problem solve effectively.
– New York State Teaching certification is required.
– BA required; MA preferred.
This is a full-time position with total estimated hours of 40 per week.
Salary is determined by an equitable salary scale established for all teaching staff at Brooklyn Schoolhouse and is commensurate with education, state certification, and years of experience.
Please send your current resume to email@example.com to apply.
Abigail Cook-Gonzalez (she/hers)
156 Gates Ave, Brooklyn NY 12238
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.