Aspen Center for Child Development
501 5th Avenue
Longmont, CO 80501
Start Date: May 17, 2021
The Aspen Center for Child Development in Longmont, Colorado is inviting teachers interested and enthusiastic about working with toddlers and children 3-5 years old to reach out to school director, Elizabeth Fannon. These positions also offer opportunities to lead and mentor others in the Reggio Approach.
Aspen Center is currently an off-site partner school for Boulder Journey School and the University of Colorado, Denver. We are able to support graduate, resident teachers in fulfilling their course requirements towards their degree.
Subbing positions for part time work available as well.
As an Early Childhood Educator, you will:
• Collaborate with co-teacher on a daily basis to bring authentic
learning experiences to children
• Be a peer model for best practice in early childhood education
• Partner with children and guide their learning experiences
• Plan, document, and make learning visible
• Build relationships with families to foster a strong home-school
• Collect objective observations to use with the Teaching Strategies
Gold software for authentic assessment of children’s learning
• Facilitate parent teacher dialogues twice a year
• Keep appropriate records related to children
• Adhere to the COVID policies implemented by Aspen Center and
recommended by the CDC, CDPHE, and Boulder County Public
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
• Experience teaching in early childhood settings and working in
the classroom with children
• A passion for early childhood education and advocating for
children, families, and teachers
• Experience working in a Reggio Emilia inspired context
• A mind for systems thinking, thinking divergently, and creativity
• See yourself as a lifelong learner
• A desire to be a part of cultivating change
• Enthusiasm to guide a community of learners while facilitating a
high-quality experience with children and families
• Are well organized, able to multi-task, work with flexibility, and
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education,
Education, Human Development, or related field
• Director Qualifications Certified (preferred)
• PDIS Credential Level III or above
• Group leader qualified
• Classroom teaching experience in a constructivist learning
• General knowledge of the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing
rules and regulations and county health department guidelines.
• CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred)
Competitive salary based on education and experience
Holidays and paid time off
Small Class Sizes/Ratio
Opportunities to lead
Access to OUR Center Resources (groceries, clothing, rent/mortgage assistance, utility vouchers, pet pantry, and so much more)
Please send cover letter and resume to school Director, Elizabeth Fannon at email@example.com to arrange an interview.
Aspen Center is a Colorado Shines 5 Star rated early care and education setting for children 6 weeks – 6 years old, serving a diverse population of children and families.
Aspen Center for Child Development is part of a bigger nonprofit, the OUR Center, in Longmont. We make a difference in so many lives and it’s truly rewarding.
Please visit our Facebook page for the most up-to-date window into the daily life of our school.
Please contact school Director, Elizabeth Fannon at
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.