Start Date: March 25, 2019
Serves as the lead Pre-K teacher in the classroom. Lead Teachers plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of children within a safe, healthy learning environment. They encourage the involvement of the families of the children of the program and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
• Model positive behavior.
• Instruct, and supervise children in classroom activities.
• Implement age appropriate activities that support the Head Start standards, the NAEYC standards and the Creative Curriculum.
• Implement and model family style eating during meal times.
• Continuously monitor children to ensure safety at all times, and report child abuse and neglect when necessary.
• Assess children on a regular basis.
• Take pictures and maintain anecdotal notes, written observations, and other approved forms of documentation for each child.
• Administer ESI-R screening, NRS, Creative Curriculum, Ages and Stages Questionnaire, Ages and Stages SE Questionnaire.
• Supervise assistant teachers, teacher aides, and/or volunteers.
• Delegate duties as necessary, and give constant feedback to facilitate professional growth.
• Process timesheets and vacation requests.
• Contribute to assistant teacher’s evaluation.
Minimum Requirements Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field. Must possess current Type 04 certificate or PEL with early childhood endorsement. Or Gateways Level 5 in Early Childhood Education with commitment to acquire the Type 04.
Mary Crane Center offers its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental insurance through Guardian Vision Plan through Guardian
Life Insurance through Guardian
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Employee Assistance Program
Please send cover letter and resume to Beth Rivera at email@example.com. or fax to 773-242-2881
Eleanor Northern 773-262-1390
Mary Barron 773-287-7365
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.