Start Date: January 6, 2020
At Pando we know that excellent early childhood experiences star with teachers, so we’ve crafted our school to give teachers the support they deserve.
Pando Little School is more than just a preschool. We are a community of individuals dedicated to excellence in early childhood education. Our primary work is with the children and families enrolled in our full-time preschool program where we tinker, play, explore, and love. In addition to our work in the classroom, we collaborate with educators, organizations, elementary schools, and individuals across the state who care deeply about improving early childhood education in New Mexico.
Pando’s philosophy is simple: Children are valued community members, capable of constructing their own understanding of the world.
Our classrooms are collaborative, interdisciplinary spaces that empowers children to engage their imagination, draw meaning from their own experiences, and participate in their community. Our school’s curriculum generates opportunities for children and teachers to tinker, express themselves, and research their interests in a project-based environment.Our teachers enjoy low ratios, a homey environment, and a passionate team of colleagues. No state mandated curriculums, no excessive assessments, no cumbersome paperwork – just the time, space, and collaboration you need to be awesome at what you do.
As a Co-Teacher in our “Little Room,” you and a colleague will facilitate a Reggio Emilia inspire curriculum with children ages 2 to 4 years old. You’ll have access to our studio, garden, natural playground, and a nearby “piazza” community space.
Our Co-Teachers work M-F, 8:15-1:15, followed by 1 hour of paid, collaborative planning time. In addition to 5 hours of weekly planning time, our team participates in inter-school collaborative projects, presents at conferences, and strives to enhance the profession through community engagement.
Co-Teachers are key members of Pando’s administrative team, providing input on hiring, tuition, pay scales, and more. We want our school to support teachers to the fullest, so our teachers are expected to be active in creating and maintaining that supportive environment.
Learn more at https://www.pandoschool.com
This position is a good fit for teachers who…
– Consider themselves career early childhood educators who are dedicated to the field.
– Have prior knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach.
– Are passionate about working with children 2 to 4 years old.
– Feel confident supporting children in an inclusive environment.
– Look forward to working collaboratively with children, parents, teachers, school administrators, and Albuquerque’s wider ECE community.
– Enjoy thinking rigorously and creatively about their work with children.
– Want to take on additional responsibilities outside of direct work with children.
Ideal candidates will…
– Have a BA or higher (not necessarily in early childhood education)
– Have a flexible start date, as this position begins once our small program expands into our new space in early 2020.
– Be excited to join a developing program – we’re just 3 years old and looking for candidates who are passionate about actively shaping our school’s emerging culture.
Start date is flexible.
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience and credentials.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter Melissa Scott at email@example.com
Pando Little School
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.