Evergreen Community School
Santa Monica, CA
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Evergreen Community School is a small (60 students), NAEYC accredited, non-profit preschool in Santa Monica, California. We are a community of dedicated teachers and parents committed to a progressive, social-constructivist model. The staff includes 10 full-time teachers, an atelierista and a pedagogista. Please visit our website for more information before applying: www.evergreencommunityschool.com
Applicants of all backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Description, Responsibilities, & Duties
This is a team teaching position in a preschool classroom. Duties include small group work, video analysis, documentation, weekly team meetings, etc. We are seeking a teacher to begin in August 2021.
Our program requires the following in addition to a BA in ECE or related field, strong child development background, and at least two years of early childhood experience.
• knowledge of social constructivism or the Reggio Approach
• comfortable and creative expressing yourself through writing and speaking
• ability and desire to think creatively about ideas and materials
• strong collaborative skills
• ability to multi-task
• computer literacy
• long term commitment
Evergreen Community school offers a competitive salary plus benefits. (Medical, dental and the option to participate in company sponsored retirement plan).
If interested, a personal (not generic) cover letter MUST accompany your resume. Please write about why you think Evergreen would be a good fit for you. Please send to Attention: Kaitie O’Brien.
Evergreen Community School provides an environment in which young children are nurtured
– individuality is respected and community is valued
– children learn to problem solve and gain experience in critical thinking
– play is valued and learning occurs through exploration
– parents and teachers work together toward a common goal
– the richness of our diverse world is celebrated
Our program uses a developmental curriculum based on the theories of Piaget, Erikson, Vygotsky and the Reggio Emilia approach. The curriculum is experiential and is designed to promote growth through play and exploration. Using age-appropriate materials and activities, children are assisted in building socialization skills while practicing the developmental tasks of trust, autonomy and initiative.
We value the individual, the family and the community. Our goal is three-fold:
– To nurture the growth of the whole child including social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual development.
– To respect the importance of family and community in the child’s life. Parents are considered part of our school community and are welcome to participate in a variety of ways. Additionally, parents and children have opportunities to participate in outreach service projects.
– To respect our planet as our greatest resource and to act responsibly.
Kaitie O'Brien, Director
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.