Compass Academy Childcare and Preschool
Smyrna, GA 30082
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Compass Academy is seeking loving, reliable classroom teachers and teacher’s assistants in our Early Childhood Program. Teachers will assist in providing quality and comprehensive early child development skills while maintaining a healthy clean environment. This is a full-time position.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
* Leading and directing instructions to a group of children.
* Supervise playground activities, breakfast, lunch, snack breaks, bathroom breaks, and rest time.
* Help children with cognitive skill development activities.
* Plan age-appropriate lesson plans and prepare educational materials. This may include but is not limited to finger-plays, songs, bulletin boards, flannel boards, etc.
* Be actively involved with the children in the room. This includes, but is not limited to reading stories, playing games, singing, cuddling, role-playing, etc.
* Clean after breakfast, lunch, snack, bathroom breaks, and classroom activities. This may include, but is not limited to, washing the dishes and/or toys, and cleaning the kitchen.
* Help maintain the school’s building and grounds.
* Assist in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
* Relay communication between the parents, other members of staff and director.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Participates in an orientation program
* Completes the appropriate number of in-service hours each year.
* Attends staff meetings, training sessions, or other events, such as Family Night and the Christmas Program, as required.
* Maintains a neat and clean physical appearance.
* Is able to move quickly enough to supervise children safely.
* Is able to lift and carry children (maximum of 40 pounds).
* Is able to provide an appropriate speech model while interacting with both children and parents.
* Must adhere to the center’s Behavior Guidance policies at all times.
* Child Development Associates credential (CDA) is preferred, or a High School Diploma/GED and enrolled in a program leading to a Child Development Associates credential to be completed within one year, or be enrolled in a program leading to an Associate’s Degree or Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Should have experience with infants and preschoolers.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Two years experience in a preschool setting, Reggio experience a plus
Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Thrives working individually as well as part of a team
High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelors degree preferred
Equivalent work experience considered
Able to lift 35 pounds, ability to be self-driven and willingness to engage in continuing education
SALARY & BENEFITS
● Competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications $12-18/hour.
● Benefits package, holidays, 401K and PTO
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.