Orcas Island Children’s House
Orcas Island is located in the San Juan archipelago in Washington State. We have modest housing accommodations for teachers relocating to the island.
Start Date: October 1, 2021
We seek teachers who:
• are creative, fun-loving, and warm-hearted
• respect the abilities of young children
• are thoughtful in guiding social interactions
• enjoy playful and physical activity
• laugh at the unexpected
We value teachers for their:
• ability to create relationships with children and families
• eagerness for professional development and growth
• passion and experience
Teachers must have at least one of the following:
• a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or related field
• 3 years of classroom experience
• Spanish language fluency
Full-time teachers and staff at Children’s House benefit from:
• competitive wages
• health and retirement benefits
• paid time off and paid holidays
• generous scholarships to obtain either an AA or BA in Early Childhood Education
• 529 college savings plan
• in-service professional development opportunities
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Houses and Infant & Toddler Center and Preschool beautiful Orcas Island and has served island families since 1969. It’s a place of wonder and belonging.
We value inclusion, participation, and equity. We value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and the rights of children, families, and educators to have an amiable school and place of prominence in our community.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.