Community Building Children’s Center
A program of Blueprints for Learning
Spokane, Washington 99201
Start Date: July 1, 2019
We are offering an exciting and unique career opportunity at the Community Building Children’s Center (CBCC). Our program is a well-established Reggio-inspired early education program which has a multi-age toddler and multi-age preschool classroom. We are a small, child and family centered program in a beautiful and professionally supportive environment with a low teacher to child ratio.
We want to hire a creative and competent educator as an interim preschool co-lead teacher to become familiar with the culture and day to day teaching practices of our program. The goal of this interim position is to acquire the skills and knowledge of the program’s very specific teaching approach as well as the supervisory and administrative skills under the mentorship of the current director. The interim position is expected to last 6 to 8 months before transitioning to the full time program director position.
In general we seek a creative and enthusiastic educator who:
Embraces the role of teacher as learner – curious and continually learning about and with children
Is a careful observer and listener – appreciative of and amazed by the vast capabilities of young children
Works to create strong relationships based on respect, love, and the joy of living and learning together with children
Views conflict as an opportunity for growth; can work toward better understanding and creative, respectful resolutions with families, co-workers, and children
Has skills for supporting and documenting children’s work; including writing, computer, photography and video
In addition to the description above we seek a creative and enthusiastic program director who:
• Serves as side by side mentor and pedagogical leader for teaching staff.
• Manages the day to day functioning of this full day, full year child care program.
• Engages families from initial tour of the program and enrollment through regular communication and scheduling of family engagement activities
• Is familiar with Washington state’s Early Achievers program, a Quality Rating and Improve System (QRIS)
• Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education
• Requires a minimum of three years teaching young children 0-5 years of age
• Requires being familiar with the Reggio Emilia inspired approach to early education with direct experience preferred.
• Requires a letter of interest that specifically addresses your interest and familiarity with the Reggio-inspired philosophy and practice
• Requires an up-to-date resume
Salary range from $40,000 – $50,000 annually depending on education and experience.
Paid time off, sick pay, and holiday pay.
Send letter of interest and current resume to Anita Morgan at email@example.com
Our program is a well-established Reggio-inspired early education program which has a multi-age toddler and multi-age preschool classroom. We are a small, child and family centered program in a beautiful and professionally supportive environment with a low teacher to child ratio.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.