Beverley Hills Church Preschool
Start Date: August 29, 2022
Beverley Hills Church Preschool, a Reggio-inspired preschool in Alexandria, VA, is expanding its program for 2022-23 and looking for thoughtful and enthusiastic early childhood educators to join our teaching staff.
BHCP teachers work in co-teaching teams. Teaching teams collaborate with the studio teacher, director and the rest of the teaching staff to plan emergent curriculum based on children’s questions and interests. Our teachers enjoy being part of a vibrant collaborative community of invested families.
Ideal candidates will possess:
– Respect for young children and belief in their capabilities
– Excellent collaborative skills with children, parents and other staff
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Curiosity about young children’s questions and interests and how best to facilitate their learning
– BS/BA degree in education or a related field and experience working with young children
– Familiarity with or strong interest in the Reggio Emilia or other constructivist approaches to teaching and learning
BHCP is committed to creative and innovative teaching practices, teacher compensation including paid planning time, and pedagogical support through on-going professional development opportunities.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BHCP is a historic co-operative preschool located in Alexandria, VA, offering morning classes to children ages 2-5, two to five days a week. Our program is rooted in the Reggio Emilia Approach with time devoted daily to outdoor learning on our beautiful natural playground.
Anne Brewster, Director
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.