Field of Dreams Indian Land, SC
Start Date: September 1, 2020
The primary objectives of the Curriculum Director are to: (1) Inspire positive social interactions, (2) Overall childcare and education, and (3) Foster and develop educational environment. The Curriculum Director reports to the School Leader. The Curriculum Director will implement curriculum in a safe, healthy and nurturing classroom environment that supports each child’s social, emotional and intellectual growth and development.
• Classroom Curriculum (50%)
o Creates individualized curriculum based on classroom developmental levels.
o Incorporates individual treatment plan into the classroom curriculum.
o Incorporates hands-on, multi-sensory and real-life experiences into scheduled activities.
o Researches additional curriculum ideas and developmentally appropriate practices.
• Observation (40%)
o Observes classroom activities as needed.
o Completes observation sheet for each classroom and provides feedback.
o Monitors classroom for policies/procedures violations.
• Leadership (10%)
o Plans and implement daily programs in accordance with the policies, procedures, and practices of the school.
o Maintains regular contact with parents, administrative staff, and the School Leader.
• Relationship building.
• Outgoing personality.
• Highly professional and dependable.
• Creative and energetic
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as a laptop computer and smartphone
• Growth Mindset: Models a ‘Growth Mindset’ by consistently seeking to develop one’s talents and demonstrating a passion for learning and growth.
• Hungry: Continuously strives for excellence, going above and beyond what is required to seize opportunities for the overall benefit of the organization.
• Humble: Puts the collective success of the team over one’s individual interests, easily admitting to one’s own mistakes and sharing the credit for team accomplishments.
• (People) Smart: Demonstrates good judgment when interacting with teammates, understanding one’s impact on others and adjusting one’s behavior as necessary.
• Leadership: Rallies teammates around a shared vision and provides motivation and support to reach shared objectives. Provides timely feedback, coaching, and development opportunities for staff. Serves as a role model for our core values.
• Emotional Intelligence (EQ): Cultivates the interpersonal skills and emotional discipline to forge authentic relationships with teammates in order to establish mutual trust, respect and accountability. Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
• Collaboration: Involves parents, colleagues, and partners with the community in a collaborative effort to provide seamless support for students.
• Communication: Communicates effectively with parents and students with sensitivity, honesty, and empathy. Discusses matters with staff and leadership directly and in a professional manner.
• Organization and Time Management: Ensures that priorities are aligned with key business objectives and resources are mobilized to maximize Return on Time Invested. Focuses time and energy on value-added activities.
• Adaptability: Maintain a calm, positive, and professional demeanor even in the face of challenges and adversity.
Minimum of Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development, Psychology, or related field
Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia Approach, Project Approach
Prior Leadership Experience
Salary commiserate with experience
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
Send resume and cover letter to:
We have taken the best concepts of many childcare centers in North and South Carolina and combined them into our facility design. We have worked with leading authorities in early childcare and education and have incorporated many of the latest concepts into our program and curriculum including the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
State of the art facility design combined with excellent curriculum and incredible staff allows Field of Dreams to be the premier childcare center of the Carolinas.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.