Mary Crane Center
Start Date: February 1, 2018
Mary Crane Center is a leading and innovative Early Childhood Education Center in Chicago, serving 450 families each year across the city. Mary Crane has classrooms in four Chicago neighborhoods – Garfield Park, Austin, Rogers Park and West Lakeview – in addition to home-based and partner site programs serving hundreds of families where they live and go to school. The Program Director is a leadership position reporting to the Executive Director of Mary Crane Center. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional in the field of Early Childhood Education who believes in the power of community empowerment and transformation by investing in our future – our children. The goals of the Program Director are to ensure every program of Mary Crane is delivered successfully, adds the highest possible value to the organization, and sets the stage for the success of every child and family Mary Crane serves.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide guidance and leadership for staff, supporting the staff in their implementation of high standards of quality and relationship-based services for children and families.
• Comply with state and federal funding and quality requirements, including Head Start and Early Head Start, Preschool for All and Child Care.
• Partner in positive leadership with the Executive Director, the staff leadership team, parents, the board of directors and the associates board.
• Engage in strategic planning, development and marketing.
• Encourage emotional and social health in programming, including a Reggio Emilia-inspired culture, music, nature, art – all in addition to preparing children and families for kindergarten and life.
• Understand and ensure implementation of NAEYC accreditation, licensing requirements and ExceleRate Illinois.
• Embody a strong community-based philosophy, creating and maintaining community partnerships.
• Innovate, recommend and sustain systems, including educational monitoring, reflective supervision, self-assessments, and effective communication.
• Commit to professional development, growth, and a positive work environment and balance for staff and parents throughout the organization.
• Advocate for Early Childhood Education and Parent/Family Support throughout Chicago and Illinois.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required – Masters Preferred
• ECE courses/degree
• Gateways credentials
• ESL credential preferred
• Infant/Toddler Specialization
• Experience in supervision/leadership of staff
• Head Start/Early Head Start background required
• Program-oriented fiscal and fundraising experience
• Solution-based participation in a team
• Excellent communication skills and an appreciation of the value of a diversity of voices and experience
Competitive and Comprehensive
Send a professional resume, a compelling cover letter, a one-page statement addressing both your educational and leadership philosophy, and three professional references to Beth Rivera at email@example.com.
Please apply by November 15, 2018 – position will be filled on or before February 1, 2019.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit our website: www.marycrane.org
Beth Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.