Mary Crane Center
Start Date: May 6, 2019
Position Summary: The Site Director contributes to the agency’s child development philosophy and goals by leading a comprehensive child development program.
• Serves as the site leader and maintains effective operations of all site programs and physical plant.
• Insures compliance with city, DCFS licensing standards, Head Start, Early Head Start, Excelerate Illinois, as well adherence with NAEYC accreditation standards at all times.
• Contributes to quality improvement through supervision of staff, classrooms, developmentally appropriate practices, daily routines and schedules.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with children and families.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with the community, as well as the outreach and growth of community partnerships.
• Collaborates with the administrative team
• Collaborates with Education Coordinators and the Disabilities Coordinator to support education excellence and the referral process to advocate for services children and families.
• Provides regular written and oral reports as well as record keeping as assigned.
• Participate in civic engagement activities that advance the mission of Mary Crane Center.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Mandatory Job Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Arts in Early Childhood or a related field with at least 18 child development credits required. MEd in Early Childhood Education preferred.
• Level 2 Director\’s Credential and Infant Toddler Credential Level 5 required.
• Previous managerial and Head Start experience preferred.
• Valid food handling required, sanitation certification preferred.
• Bi-lingual Spanish / English preferred.
• Ability to pass a criminal record and child abuse/neglect registry check.
• A passion for the mission of the Mary Crane Center.
Mary Crane Center offers its employees competitive salaries and benefits:
Medical Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental insurance through Guardian
Life Insurance through Guardian
Paid vacation and major holidays
Send a professional resume, a compelling cover letter and three professional references to Beth Rivera at email@example.com
Head Start and Early Head Start
Human Resource Coordinator
Mary Crane League
4006 W Lake St
Chicago, Illinois 60624
Main # 773-242-2877
Fax # 773-242-2881
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.