Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Start Date: February 24, 2023
Under general supervision, reporting to the Director of Children’s Center, create and maintain a professional office environment while supporting the overall success of the LMU Children’s center through accounting, reporting, financial functions, customer service and community relations that will promote efficiency and support the daily operations for all services offered through the LMU Children’s Center. Serve as the primary liaison for the Children’s Center to the Staff and Families.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities
1. Facilitate the processing of tuition fees ensuring timely deposit, appropriate receipts, and tracking of parent accounts. Perform monthly reconciliation of tuition and other payments between Procare and Workday. Monitor past-due balances and follow proper collection procedures.
2. Assist in the management of the following: accreditation, licensing, calendar development, parent and staff communications, and edit and proofread documents such as the Newsletter, DRDPs, etc.
3. Prepare confidential and non-confidential letters, memoranda, e-mail, and other documents. Handle highly sensitive and/or urgent information with diplomacy; maintain surroundings in a clean and professional manner, oversee the work of the Administrative Coordinator.
4. Monitor spending, reconcile expenses for all accounts, and produce quarterly financial reports for the Children’s Center Director. Produce quarterly profit and loss statements. Maintain P-Card credit card applications and reconcile with online charges and monthly statements of the Children’s Center. Properly code/charge and approve all invoices for submitting to the Controller’s Office to either be paid by check or charged to a P-Card. Resolve invoice and payment problems. Process and record payments (cash, check, debit, etc.). Analyze accounts and make adjustments as necessary.
5. Provide ongoing analysis of the Children’s Center budget versus spending trends in order to better align the Children’s Center budget with operations. Develop and maintain financial metrics to assist the Director in evaluating its financial position.
6. Negotiate, finalize, and maintain contracts and agreements including payment plans for the Children’s Center with vendors, equipment maintenance companies, parents and other service providers. Serve as the primary liaison with the Controller’s Office.
7. Hire, supervise, train, and coordinate schedules of work-study students. Process student work awards in coordination with financial aid and Student Employment Services. Review student timecards for accuracy and approve; track weekly/semester/yearly accumulations
of student hours and compare/contrast with student worker budget allocations. Bring discrepancies to the attention of the Director and Associate Director.
8. Help maintain and manage the Waitlist. Work closely with the Director and Associate Director in assisting with the process enrollment.
9. Assist Director and Associate Director with research related to the Children’s Center operations, programming, compliance, and other activities.
10. Serve as the facilities lead for the Children’s Center and help manage and coordinate facilities related projects.
11. Perform other duties as assigned or requested such as covering in the classrooms on an ongoing basis.
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
· Typically a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
· Minimum 3 years office management experience with emphasis on customer service, bookkeeping and direct responsibility for problem solving or facilitating customer inquiries. Some general accounting or accounts payable/receivable experience highly preferred.
· Manage multiple conflicting priorities. Communicate information in a way that encourages response to questions clients, customers, and the general public. Interpret a variety of instructions provided both orally and in written form.
· Ability to analyze, manage, multi-task, motivate, plan, organize and execute day- to-day operations; work under constant deadlines and maintain a rigorous and detail-oriented approach to each task; ability to assess, prioritize and delegate the flow of work on a daily basis; ability to write and edit memos, minutes, and other documents accurately and efficiently.
· Strong mathematical skills to calculate financial data and provide error-free reports.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required. Demonstrated extensive working knowledge of EXCEL.
· Ability to use sound judgment, analyze disparate information, evaluate complex and ambiguous situations and recommend solutions.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to competently assist staff and parents. Exceptional organizational skills.
· Highly developed organizational skills to effectively maintain large quantities of financial information in paper files, databases and online systems.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty, and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
$64,480.00 – $71,600.00 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For full consideration please submit cover letter and resume to:
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.