1040 Border Road
Los Altos, CA 94024
Start Date: September 27, 2021
In addition to managing the school office, the office manager collaborates with other members of the Ventana administration, staff, and teachers, to ensure that the school operates smoothly. The office manager contributes to many aspects of school communications, builds relationships with students and their families, and is valued for their role in warmly welcoming all who visit Ventana.
Minimum expected work hours on campus are 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday; however the Employee is expected to work the amount of time required to model excellence in job performance. On campus work hours are to ensure the Employee is available to manage the school office and support school operations during school hours.
We are looking for candidates who:
● Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
● Are flexible and creative
● Excel in collaborative environments but are able to take ownership and work independently
● Value direct communication
● Are positive and open-minded
● Are warm and friendly as the first person to greet a visitor in our school office
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Answering the school’s main phone line, responding to inquiries; transferring other inquiries on to appropriate party
· Preparing and distributing tardy slips
· Preparing and tracking preschool sign in and out sheets
· Managing school databases and student information
· Providing immediate care for student illness/accident; managing incident/accident reports
· Monitoring and helping maintain student cumulative files and CA child care licensing records
· Maintaining and organizing the reception/office areas; keeping inventory and restocks
· Receiving and distributing mail/packages
· Managing field trip requests from teachers and keeping field trip calendar
· Coordinating events (RSVPs, volunteers, food, flyers)
· Serving as emergency lead with Operations Director
· Providing administrative support to the Extended Care Director for summer camp programs
· Supporting Head of School, teachers, and financial services coordinator as needed or requested
· Supporting school communications, including preparing and sending mailings/communications, flyers, etc.
· Managing school calendar, including space reservations
· Creating and maintaining directories (i.e. staff, family, enrollment)
· Tracks staff time off requests and absences; creates and keeps a current sub-list and calls substitutes as needed
· Managing aspects of school website, including content updates and school calendar
· Managing outing student records; acting as point of contact for middle schools
· Supporting Head of School outmissions by sending out required paperwork
A.A. or B.A. in related field
2 years administrative experience
We offer a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings. This is a 12 month position.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three referrals to email@example.com.
Ventana School, a Reggio-inspired Preschool (2 yrs-5 yrs) and Elementary School (K-5) located on a beautiful campus in Silicon Valley, is hiring an Office Manager. Our programs reflect our belief that children learn naturally through play, observation, and investigation. We value each child as an individual and a competent learner, full of ideas and eager to learn. The employee models the Ventana Values that guide the School. Ventana School (“VS”) is an outreach project of Christ Episcopal Church of Los Altos (“CCLA”), but is not a religious school.
Claire Dietrich Ranna
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.