Waco, Texas 76706
Start Date: August 17, 2020
Baylor University is seeking a Teacher for the Piper Child Development Center. This position will work closely with other Piper staff, children and their families, student workers, practicum students, faculty and outside therapists (OT, PT, SLP, ABA). The position is responsible for creating, writing, and adapting developmentally appropriate curriculum for multiple levels of learning within the classroom and for conducting developmental screenings and portfolio assessments of children.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Experience working with a diverse group of people, including children with special needs and their families
• Ability to compose effective correspondence both written and verbally
• Experience with implementing positive guidance techniques in the classroom
• Ability to successfully partner with co-teacher to provide project-based, emergent curriculum
A Bachelor’s Degree, two years of relevant work experience, successful completion of a criminal background check, TB test and finger printing, and a Christian faith are required. A Master’s Degree, five years of relevant work experience are preferred. CPR and First Aid certifications are required, but can be completed after hire if necessary.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor community, employees not only receive a fcomprehensive benefits package — including life and disability insurance, generous time off, and excellent automatic retirement contributions* — they also get to experience Baylor.
• Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
• Experience a mission-driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
• Experience Baylor’s nationally ranked academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
• Experience our beautiful and historic campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities
• Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
View the job posting and apply: Piper Teacher. Cover letter and resume are required with application.
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.