Mary Crane Center
4006 W. Lake St.
Chicago, IL 60624
Start Date: September 27, 2019
Position Summary: The Director of Education provides mentoring, training and development to coordinator staff, teaching staff, site directors and others to support quality early childhood development programs. Plans, monitors and implements program education components including overseeing disabilities and mental health programs, literacy coaches and paraprofessionals. The Director of education is also the Transportation Manager and is an instructional leader for the organization.
Responsibilities: Education quality with Fidelity, CLASS preparation, curriculum technical assistance, Early Head Start and Head Start monitoring, Preschool for All and Preventive Initiative monitoring, screenings monitoring and NAEYC and Illinois State Standards monitoring, Gateways monitoring, collaborating with program partners, implementing ESL support, IEP support, establishing and implementing School Readiness Goals, attendance monitoring, COPA monitoring, aggregating data and reporting and modeling and feedback for teachers, teaching teams and site directors.
• Present Creative Curriculum, School Readiness Goals and Checkpoint Outcomes Reports to families and parent policy council.
• Provide Education support to families with one home visit from each classroom per year.
• Provides professional development for staff during weekly team meetings and bi-annual in-services.
• Facilitates professional development for staff through program partners and conferences.
• Conducts post-observation debriefs with teaching teams, site directors and staff as needed.
• Monitors NAEYC standards for agency quality.
• Monitors Illinois State Standards and licensing for agency quality.
• Monitors CELS standards (Head Start, Early Head Start, Preschool for All and Preventive Initiative) for agency quality.
• Establishes School Readiness Goals annually.
• Advocates for quality education.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college (preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
• Ability to pass a criminal record and child abuse/neglect registry check.
• A passion for the mission of the Mary Crane Center.
Please forward cover letter, resume and three reference letters to Beth Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 773-242-2881.
Beth Rivera at email@example.com or fax to 773-242-2881
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.