Sea Ranch / Gualala, California
Start Date: July 3, 2023
Looking for a founding lead teacher for a vibrant, creative, mixed-age early childhood learning center (ages 2-5 years old) on the California coast in the Sea Ranch / Gualala area. We are looking for candidates who are interested in designing a learning environment and developing a play-based curriculum that prioritizes a love of learning, creative problem-solving, outdoor exploration, and social-emotional learning. Located in a rural setting, the school would be well integrated with the outdoors and foster an appreciation and understanding of the natural environment. Our ideal candidate takes inspiration from the Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and Montessori approaches, and is excited to design a curriculum that encourages children to be active participants in their own education. Passion for education and a love of children are a given! Come join our beautiful community on the coast!
– Design daily activities and field trips that are fun and educational in a manner suitable for the ages and developmental maturity of all participating students
– Have familiarity with various teaching methods that can adapt to children’s interests and learning styles
– Address social-emotional and interpersonal skills, such as sharing, self-awareness, self-confidence, emotional intelligence, and relationship skills
– Oversee nap and meal times, and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
– Maintain open line of communication with parents and provide constructive feedback on a regular or as-needed basis
– Work with diverse populations of children and adults from a wide variety of backgrounds
– Mindful of Covid-19 guidelines and establishing hand-washing and cleaning routines
– Background in Early Childhood Education or Related Field
– 3 Years of Early Childhood Teaching Experience
– Covid-19 Vaccine and booster shots required
– Submit to a criminal background check upon hire
Salary: Negotiable; Based on experience and education
Benefits: Sick days, paid holidays, relocation assistance, professional development budget to support career growth (conferences, workshops, skills training, etc.)
In lieu of a cover letter, please provide brief answers to the following questions, along with a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Describe an inspiring learning moment in your teaching experience.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity to do with a group of 3 year olds?
Please refer to Job Description above
Christine at FutureCoastalSchool@gmail.com
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.