Kehillah School for Early Learning
New Rochelle, NY 10804
Start Date: November 21, 2022
Opportunity is Knocking…You will want to apply for this position if you are looking to work at a progressive, high quality, Early Childhood program. We are seeking professional early childhood educators to join our TEAM where Together Everyone Achieves More. We can’t wait to hear from You!!
A Preschool teacher will perform the following duties in accordance with the policies of TINR, and OCFS licensing regulations, and as requested by the center director/administration:
· Adhere to a designated work schedule and classroom assignment that complies with expectations for punctuality, preparedness, absenteeism, and requests for time off
· Plan, arrange, and maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment that is conducive to quality care and education
· Plan and implement curriculum- including lesson plans, schedules, activities, and environments that meet OCFS regulations, and developmentally appropriate practices,
· Observe, document, assess and report the progress of children in meeting the performance standards
· Ensure the health, safety, and security of individual children at all times through careful supervision, regular interactions, attention to custodial care needs and routines
· Demonstrate a positive attitude toward and willingness to cooperate with parents through regular and constructive communication, response to concerns and requests, individual communication at greetings and departure, welcoming of parents to center events and activities and participation in parent conferences as necessary
· Participate in and complete required annual professional development
· Manage child behavior appropriately and report any concerns about the development and behavior of any child immediately to the administration
· Follow recommendations of health, social service, education, and dental consultants as well as special educators and therapists who may advise on the care, education or development of children
· Work cooperatively and constructively with all program staff to address the needs of children and the development of quality within the program
· Keep all communication with staff, parents, and within the community professional and respectful of confidentiality
· Keep accurate documentation of behavior, development, progress, health, illness/injury, or evidence of child neglect/abuse and make related reports in a timely manner
· Participate in all scheduled center and community events as requested and compensated such as staff meetings, open house and other family activities, in-service trainings, marketing, and promotional activities
*Is part of a school theme to build a Kehillah K’doshah; a sacred community and is a member of a rich school team that has a positive attitude, respects, and embraces individuality, cultural, religious, and racial differences with children, families, and staff.
· Will establish educational goals and develop both a secular and reform Jewish curriculum with the Education Director.
· All other duties as assigned by the center director and/or administration
· Child development, including exceptional development
· Office of Early Childhood child day care licensing regulations
· NAEYC Developmentally Appropriate Practice
· NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
· Lesson Planning and environment arrangement as related to developmentally appropriate practice
· Observation, documentation, assessment and reporting of child progress
· Community resources and support services relevant to education and families
· Must have strong communication skills
· Must have strong written and verbal skills
*NYS B-2 certification preferred
*Must hold at least a Master’s degree in ECE
*Preferred to have 2+ years of prior teaching experience
*Must be at least 18 yrs of age
*COVID Vaccination required
Commensurate to experience and education: $50,000-$60,000
Paid time off
Submit letter of intent, resume, copy of degrees to email@example.com
Please review our program at www.kehillahschool.org
Jen Pennucci, M.Ed.
Together, we are empowering exceptional education.